Our programs are...
- Open to everyone, some require pre-registration
- Hosted on and off site so check location details
- Questions and concerns can be directed to Trish MacGregor
Whale of a Tale
Looking for ways to make learning to read a playful experience? Join us every Monday from 6:30-7:15pm for interactive storytelling, songs, puppets, crafts, and play. Just show up and have a great time making new friends while learning new skills with Trish!
All storytimes are drop-in. No registration required!
An hour long program for infants and caregivers. This program includes a play time before story time giving families a chance to socialize and interact. Held in the Lower Floor Program Room. From 10:15 - 11:15am.
April 11 - May 30
An early literacy program that features early learning centres with activities to help children familiarize themselves with stories through play, talking, singing, listening and reading. Held in the Auditorium from 10:30 - 11:30am
April 12 - May 31
Reading Buddies, a one-to-one reading program for school aged children. Children will have the opportunity to read to and play games with a trained volunteer. Buddies are available for both French and English reading, depending on availability of French volunteers. This program is most effective when participants read together weekly, so children are encouraged to attend for the full 8 weeks.
- Registration is required. Contact Trish at 519-271-0220 ext.140
- Program runs Tuesdays 4-4:30 or 4:30-5pm
- Trained volunteers will listen, read, and engage with their buddies
- Games and activities
- Free, held in the lower floor of SPL
- Caregivers must stay in the library during the program
Registration for the Spring session begins March 19th and runs April 10 - May 29
PLOW stands for Public Library on Wheels. Visit the PLOW page for programs and events coming to your area.