How do I become a volunteer?
- Ask for a Volunteer Information Package, which includes the application, at the main floor information desk at the Library, or,
- Download the Volunteer Application form and email or drop off to the attention of Kate Schillings
- Questions? Contact Kate Schillings, Manager of Volunteer Services directly at 519-271-0220, ext. 122, or email@example.com
We have an exciting new opportunity to be part of a Teen Advisory Group (TAG). This group will meet here in the library monthly come the fall. This is a great chance to engage in the creation of and carrying out of teen programs both in and out of the library. Contact Kate right away if you are interested.
Volunteer applications, while accepted at any time, are processed in the order in which they are received, and at the time that an opening occurs.
Have you been thinking about volunteering?
We invite you to share your time and talents with the Stratford Public Library in one or more of our rewarding volunteer assignments.
Volunteer assignments at the library include:
In-Library (duties occurring daily, weekly, or monthly):
- library collection maintenance, including:
- book mending
- audio/video disc cleaning/resurfacing
- administrative support, including:
- community bulletin board maintenance
- folding supplies of brochures
- custodial support, including:
- sorting/distributing recyclable materials
- technology support
- Tech Tutor services
Programming/Event support (weekly or episodic):
- Children’s Programming:
- Reading Buddies (4 eight week sessions per year)
- Summer Programs (July/August): at the library and select locations around Stratford
- Teen/tween Programming, for example:
- Sew Simple
- Nail Art
- Adult Programming, for example:
- New Neighbours Night
- Let’s Do It Sessions
- Makerspace Programming, for example:
- Code Club
- others currently in development
Library Outreach Services:
- Home Delivery Service
- delivering Library materials to patrons who cannot access the library in person
Orientation and training will ensure that your volunteer experience is productive, enjoyable, and rewarding. Some positions require Background Checks, the cost of which will be reimbursed to you.