The Library is happy to accept donations of gently used books, books on cd, compact discs and videos. Donations may be dropped off at SPL on one of its designated Donation Days. For further information, contact the Library at 519-271-0220 ext. 34. Donations should be dropped off between 10am and 5pm at the back door of the library (off the parking lot). Ring the buzzer to be let in.
Upcoming Donation Days:
|We can use....
||Sorry, we cannot use...
- gently used books, cds and dvds
- comic books
- juvenile, young adult, adult materials
- paperbacks and hard covers
- regular and large print books
- books on cd (abridged or unabridged)
- materials in French or other languages
- current materials on popular topics: parenting, cooking, gardening, computers, job search
- books that have been marked using "highlighter" or pen
- books with pages or sections missing
- books with food or drink stains
- Readers Digest condensed books
- cassettes or videos copied from originals
- materials containing outdated medical, legal or business information
- moldy or damp items
- outdated issues of magazines
- pamphlets or maps
Donated materials are added to SPL's collections, when appropriate. Some replace missing or long-overdue titles. Others provide additional copies of popular materials, like best-sellers. Still others fill gaps in fiction and non-fiction series that we have not yet been able to purchase.
Materials in languages other than English are especially welcome, since they help the Library to provide materials which we might not be able to obtain for our users otherwise. Donated CDs, and DVDs enhance the collections, providing a wider range of materials than current budgets allow.
Even donated items not added to the collections help the Library. They go to the annual book sale and generate revenue for the Friends of the Library which is used to support Library initiatives such as children's programming. If you have any questions about donating items the Library, please contact us!