Front Stair Construction
From May to August 2017, the front stairs of the library will be under construction. The front steps are in need of replacement due to cracks and uneven stair heights, both of which have caused numerous slips, trips and falls over the past few years. For more details, read the article in the Beacon Herald dated April 10, 2017.
During this time:
- The front driveway will not be available.
- The front doors to the library will not be accessible. St. Andrew Street entrance and the entrance off the parking lot will be open for public access.
- The exterior return slot will be inaccessible. During construction, customers are requested to return items in the library during regular operating hours or to the temporary book drop
- A temporary book drop is available at the Legion (207 St Patrick St.)
- The library will be a little more noisy than it normally is.
Thank you for your understanding. The new front steps will definitely be worth it!